Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/srv/http/vhosts/aur.archlinux.org/public/web/locale//en/LC_MESSAGES/aurweb.mo) is not within the allowed path(s): (/srv/http/vhosts/aur-dev.archlinux.org/:/etc/aurweb/) in /srv/http/vhosts/aur-dev.archlinux.org/public/web/lib/streams.php on line 90
AUR (en) - ttf-ms-fonts

Notice: Undefined variable: name in /srv/http/vhosts/aur-dev.archlinux.org/public/web/lib/pkgfuncs.inc.php on line 248

Package Details: ttf-ms-fonts 2.0-10

Git Clone URL: https://aur-dev.archlinux.org/ttf-ms-fonts.git (read-only)
Package Base: ttf-ms-fonts
Description: Core TTF Fonts from Microsoft
Upstream URL: http://corefonts.sourceforge.net/
Keywords: corefonts
Licenses: custom:microsoft
Provides: ttf-font
Submitter: None
Maintainer: birdflesh
Last Packager: birdflesh
Votes: 1764
Popularity: 17.965109
First Submitted: 2010-12-01 11:17
Last Updated: 2015-06-09 16:50

Required by (98)

Sources (11)

Latest Comments

« First ‹ Previous ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next › Last »

birdflesh commented on 2012-01-18 13:00

Updated to 2.0-9
From now on libarchive is used to extract the fonts (cabextract not needed).
Also LICENCE is now provided by the extracted content.

Anonymous comment on 2012-01-11 05:55

Yes, I am currently using the libarchive from [testing]. Glad that you figured out where that file was coming from ;)

birdflesh commented on 2012-01-10 21:21

Do you have libarchive from [testing]?
It seems that bsdtar 3 can handle exe/cab files and it fully extracts them at the beginning, including this 'fontinst.exe'

So, I will wait until libarchine 3 hits [core] and then I will probably review this PKGBUILD without the cabextract dependency.

Anonymous comment on 2012-01-10 20:40

I can confirm that it's fixed now. The -L switch of makepkg just showed the cabextract messages in its "log" so I redirected all output to a file.

Without fix: http://slexy.org/raw/s2sqJxiFk2
With fix: http://slexy.org/raw/s20Twgg5RV

There isn't any mention of 'fontinst.exe', I'm kind of curious where it is coming from...

birdflesh commented on 2012-01-10 06:35

Ok, tell me if this is fixed now. I didn't do a version bump as the resulting package has no differences.

And since I'm still curious about the fontinst.exe finding its way in the $srcdir, I would also appreciate a build log from someone with this problem.

birdflesh commented on 2012-01-10 06:35

Ok, tell me if this is fixed now. I didn't do a version bump as the resulting package has no differences.

And since I'm still curious about the fontinst.exe finding its way in the $srcdir, I would also appreciate a build log from someone with this problem.

kirrmann commented on 2012-01-10 00:08

Problem is that cabextract tries to process the fontinst.exe in $srcdir

So fontinst.exe should be excluded in the for loop.

Anonymous comment on 2012-01-08 18:40

Hmm, well I went ahead and downloaded the tarball and tried it again with makepkg but it still occurs.

birdflesh commented on 2012-01-08 11:06

No problems here, and you should not have a 'fontinst.exe' file anywhere. Try using a clean directory and avoid AUR helpers, using makepkg directly.

Anonymous comment on 2012-01-08 05:12

There is a problem with the current PKGBUILD, it seems cabextract errors when trying to extract 'fontinst.exe' causing everything to break. Removing the file before the for loop seems to fix this.