Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/srv/http/vhosts/aur.archlinux.org/public/web/locale//en/LC_MESSAGES/aurweb.mo) is not within the allowed path(s): (/srv/http/vhosts/aur-dev.archlinux.org/:/etc/aurweb/) in /srv/http/vhosts/aur-dev.archlinux.org/public/web/lib/streams.php on line 90
AUR (en) - polycode

Notice: Undefined variable: name in /srv/http/vhosts/aur-dev.archlinux.org/public/web/lib/pkgfuncs.inc.php on line 248

Package Details: polycode 0.8.4-2

Git Clone URL: https://aur-dev.archlinux.org/polycode.git (read-only)
Package Base: polycode
Description: A C++ and Lua framework for building interactive applications.
Upstream URL: http://polycode.org/
Keywords: coding creative dev gaming
Licenses: MIT
Submitter: marcs
Maintainer: marcs
Last Packager: marcs
Votes: 3
Popularity: 0.001253
First Submitted: 2015-11-30 09:54
Last Updated: 2015-12-02 18:46

Latest Comments

marcs commented on 2016-06-29 12:00

Makes sense if you aren't building assimp using the bundled libraries with polycode.
Archlinux libs are too bleeding edge for sure.

mrunion commented on 2016-06-29 11:55

Thanks for the response.

FYI, as a test, I downloaded the source ZIP file and tried to build it following their instructions using cmake. It failed with errors from the bullet library about the new C++11 -Wnarrowing addition flagging a bunch of int-to-char conversions.

marcs commented on 2016-06-29 09:49

Looks like assimp has a different URL now, maybe this was fixed on the git repository but not in the 0.8.4 version

mrunion commented on 2016-06-29 01:28

Has anyone gotten this to build lately? It first had ninja errors with the assimp dependency, and I found a lot of "rule files" were missing -- like assimp-configure, assimp-install, etc. I added these and it built all the way through 111 steps, but then fails with:

ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.

Zatherz commented on 2016-02-05 20:37

I have successfully built the package on a fresh up to date Arch Linux install as well. Thanks for replying.

marcs commented on 2016-01-21 11:31

Hi Zatherz,

Glad you had a look into it, some answers:

Everything is configurable using cmake, so doesn't make much difference using unix makefiles or ninja.

I use ninja because is waaaaaay faster than make.

Just tested the build in a base archilinux image using Docker, and it builds fine.

Be sure you have enough space in your tmp folder, polycode can use quite some space during the build process.


Zatherz commented on 2016-01-20 14:04

Building fails.
Edit: Upon closer inspection, Box2D seems to be missing a Ninja build file.
Edit 2: Now that I look into it even closer, why would you use Ninja when the build system supports Unix Makefiles?
Edit 3: Problem seems to be with how it links to X11:
/usr/bin/ld: ../../Core/Contents/libPolycore_d.a(PolySDLCore.cpp.o): undefined reference to symbol 'XCreateFontCursor'
/usr/lib/libX11.so.6: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

marcs commented on 2015-12-02 18:48

Ninja build files were folder dependent, so now instead of patching I'm using sed.

Should be fine now.

qubodup commented on 2015-12-02 16:15

-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/qubodup/.yaourt/yaourt-tmp-qubodup/aur-polycode/src/Polycode-master/Build/Debug
-> Link fix patch for Arch (Debug)
patching file build.ninja
Hunk #2 FAILED at 1365.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 1411.
2 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file build.ninja.rej
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build polycode.