Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/srv/http/vhosts/aur.archlinux.org/public/web/locale//en/LC_MESSAGES/aurweb.mo) is not within the allowed path(s): (/srv/http/vhosts/aur-dev.archlinux.org/:/etc/aurweb/) in /srv/http/vhosts/aur-dev.archlinux.org/public/web/lib/streams.php on line 90
AUR (en) - logitechmediaserver

Notice: Undefined variable: name in /srv/http/vhosts/aur-dev.archlinux.org/public/web/lib/pkgfuncs.inc.php on line 248

Package Details: logitechmediaserver 7.9.0.arch6-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur-dev.archlinux.org/logitechmediaserver.git (read-only)
Package Base: logitechmediaserver
Description: Slimserver for Logitech Squeezebox players. This server is also called Logitech Media Server. (Release-Version, if you prefer bleeding edge consider using logitechmediaserver-git instead)
Upstream URL: https://github.com/stefansielaff/slimserver
Keywords: logitech slimserver squeezebox
Licenses: GPL, custom
Submitter: vesath
Maintainer: stef.an
Last Packager: stef.an
Votes: 62
Popularity: 0.149466
First Submitted: 2011-11-03 06:54
Last Updated: 2016-12-30 18:15

Dependencies (12)

Required by (0)

Sources (3)

Latest Comments

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next › Last »

ulke commented on 2017-02-01 14:11

Thanks stef.an. The system had plenty of memory, and the memory seems ok. I tried downgrading to gcc 6.2.1 and the package was compiled without any problems. So it looks like a gcc bug after all. A bit of googling turned up a few similar problems with gcc 6.3.1 (for example, https://github.com/psycopg/psycopg2/issues/500).

stef.an commented on 2017-02-01 09:25

This is usually caused by running out of memory.
If you're compiling with multiple threads (MAKEFLAGS="-jX", usually in /etc/makepkg.conf) you could try to decrease the number. Alternatively use a (bigger) swap, depending on your architecture and number of threads.
If that doesn't help there's a chance you've got a faulty Memory module.

ulke commented on 2017-02-01 08:38

I get a compilation error:

regexcmp.cpp: In member function ‘UBool icu_46::RegexCompile::doParseActions(int32_t)’:
regexcmp.cpp:1749:1: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault

I guess this is a bug in gcc?

setone commented on 2017-01-03 06:05

Perfect - it does work as expected, and much appreciated!

stef.an commented on 2016-12-30 19:49

I've renamed the included EV a while ago in the -git version and it seems to work finde as no problems have been reported.
Version "arch6" adopts this (and most updates from upstream), it should work as expected without manual changes.

setone commented on 2016-12-29 22:47

Okay, never mind - I think your workaround is better, i.e. use the installed library module instead of the logitech one.

setone commented on 2016-12-29 19:28

@mervinb: I had the same issue. The upshot looks pretty bad and may explain why I've had so much trouble with my DB (I'm on sqlite). For example: https://ptpb.pw/3SmV

A workaround is to edit /opt/logitechmediaserver/CPAN/EV.pm:
< our $VERSION = '4.03';
> our $VERSION = '4.22';

mervinb commented on 2016-09-11 21:58

I recently updated to the arch5-1 version (x86) and found that rescanning would fail after finding all medid. No text search indexes were created. This comment and workaround from logitechmediaserver-git addressed the issue. Like the poster below, I renamed the EV module on /opt/logitechmediaserver/CPAN to that the module from the latest perl would be used. Thanks Renophaston!

From -git comments:

Renophaston commented on 2016-07-18 20:52

Error: Failed when running main scan: [EV object version 4.22 does not match bootstrap parameter 4.03 at /usr/lib/perl5/core_perl/DynaLoader.pm line 210.

and eventually:

Error: Skipping post-process & Not updating lastRescanTime!

I'm pretty lost re: Perl, but I think it was mixing the EV in /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/ with the EV in /opt/logitechmediaserver-git/CPAN, since those report versions 4.22 and 4.03 respectively. I renamed /opt/logitechmediaserver-git/CPAN/EV.pm and ran a clean scan and so far everything works. I can't see anything in he LMS EV.pm that looks like it needs to be used... but I don't REALLY know what I did. :) I'm on i686.

gps1539 commented on 2016-06-29 05:24

Found my issue. Kodi has started using port 9090 (not sure why), but LMS works as expected when I stop kodi.

Thanks for the quick response and for maintaining this package.

gps1539 commented on 2016-06-28 21:33

Thanks for checking. I'll report back once I figure it out.